How to Access Install Downloads at ANSYS or Reaction Design
Releases starting with ANSYS 17.0 in January 2016 require an ANSYS license (rather than a Reaction Design license) and downloads are accessed from the ANSYS web site's Customer Portal.
- Installation and Licensing guidance is provided in the Migration document at the ANSYS Customer Portal (ANSYS registration required).
- Current release product downloads are accessible from the (registration required) ANSYS Customer Portal at support.ansys.com > Customer Portal > Downloads > Current Release and select the desired product.
- Documentation is separately available in the Knowledge Resources area. Go to Online Documentation: Current Release - 17.0 at the Customer Portal by navigating to support.ansys.com > Knowledge Resources > Knowledge Resources > Current Release. Forte and Chemkin are both listed under "Fluid Dynamics." All of the Forte and Chemkin manuals are included in the product installation package but can be separately downloaded from this site.
- Forte Tutorials are available under the Tutorials listing at support.ansys.com > Knowledge Resources > Tutorials > Fluid Dynamics then, under Product on the left side, click More and select Forte.
- Chemkin Tutorials continue to be available as a Tutorials Manual (PDF) and sample files that are integrated into the installer. All of the Chemkin and Forte manuals are included in the product installation package but can be separately downloaded from this site.
For earlier releases from Reaction Design, access to our product installer download areas requires associating a current Reaction Design license file with your web site profile. Here are the steps required:
- Register as a visitor on our web site. (We will receive notification when you have registered.)
- Add your license information to your web site profile to enable access to our released products
- Download our installers for which you are licensed.
Below is a little more detail for how to accomplish the above steps.
Step 1: Register on our web site
Visit our web site and register as a web site user: http://www.reactiondesign.com/register/
When you have completed the registration form and submit it, an email will be sent to you containing a link to click on and confirm your registration. Until you have received that email and responded to it, your registration is incomplete and you cannot Sign-In to our web site. This email is sent immediately from firstname.lastname@example.org as user “Reaction Design web site” and you should receive it quickly so check your spam filter, junk email folder, etc. if you have not received it in a few minutes. For instance,
Step 2: Add Your License To Your Sign-In Profile
Once registered, sign-in to our web site.
Once you are signed-in, that button is replaced with a Manage Profile link.
Click on Manage Profile, and update your profile to add a License Code using the data in the license file that you have received or have access to.
Once you have added your license, it will be shown in the section below (on the same Manage Profile web page). Once you have a valid (not expired) license associated with your web site sign-in profile, then you will be able to access the customer-only sections of our web site, including the product installer download areas.
Step 3: Download the Product Installer(s)
At our web site, be sure to Sign-In so you can access the restricted pages. Then, select Product Release Downloads entry from the Support dropdown menu. That page will show you several product lines. The below URL is where you will find these choices: